Graphic Designer - Hybrid
Superfly, a leader in innovative and immersive experiences, is seeking a talented mid-senior (4-7 years) Graphic Designer to join our team.
With 25 years of experience creating tentpole experiences for renowned clients and projects, such as Bonnaroo, Prince Immersive Experience, Uber, Microsoft, and more, we are dedicated to pushing boundaries across entertainment, media, music, culture, and tech.
As a Graphic Designer, you will take the lead in executing graphic design (print and digital) and brand identity for our clients. The ideal candidate has a strong agency background, delivering production-level designs for both physical and digital experiences with pixel-level precision.
We seek someone who excels in forward-leaning typography, layout, color, and storytelling, and can seamlessly adapt to different brands while bringing a passion for innovation. We work with design-forward brands like Nike and Away and are looking for someone who will elevate and push design craft.
A portfolio and previous agency/studio experience are required. Entry-level applications or those without agency experience will not be considered.
The position is a hybrid of 2 days in-office and 3 days remote in NYC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Creative and Design Director and internal teams to create conceptual design solutions supporting Superfly and its clients.
- Thrive in a hyper-multidisciplinary team, proactively providing solutions in a fast-paced, client-driven atmosphere.
- Conceptualize and execute design directions across various mediums (e.g., branding books, print design, environmental graphics, presentations, websites, UX/UI, social channels, mood boards, photo retouching, apparel design, animated GIFs).
- Lead and refine projects independently, with relaxed oversight from creative leads
- Manage execution of 2-4 projects in a deadline-driven studio.
- Generate solutions within given brand identity/guidelines that elevate and delight design-forward clients or can develop systems from scratch
- Coordinate project deliverables and scheduling with the team lead, working independently on key workstreams.
- Balance creative requirements with brand and client objectives.
- Work with the production team to ensure design integrity in final deliverables.
- Prepare materials for client and internal meetings.
- Provide quality assurance for creative deliverables, paying attention to detail.
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork within creative briefs, offering proactive solutions, clear explanations, and timely execution.
- Fill out and manage a graphic collateral grid.
- Accurately prepare print, large-scale environmental graphics, and digital files for large-scale production.
- Nice to have: Basic knowledge of industry standards for materials/acetates and the ability to suggest solutions.
Requirements and technical capabilities:
- 4-7 years of visual design experience, preferably in a professional agency, studio, or client setting.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
- Portfolio required, showcasing successful completion of professional, production-level projects for clients.
- Excellent working knowledge of Mac OS, Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Keynote, Google, and Slack
- Ideally, experience in conceptualizing and executing modern, responsive web designs using Figma, Adobe XD, or Sketch.
- Detail-oriented and strong skills in layout, typography, and color palettes.
- Ability to think conceptually and articulate design approaches and creative concepts. Can iteratively problem solve
- Proficient in file management and organization, ensuring accurate handoff to third parties.
- Demonstrated understanding of raster and vector graphics, their differences, and best use cases for each format.
- Experience in creating both print collateral and large-scale environmental graphics.
- Ability to create flat 1:1 graphic elevations for scalable designs in production.
- Able to produce and deliver visual guidelines for brand identity across various channels, media, and applications.
Soft skills, attitude, and communication:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, a positive team-player attitude, and the ability to multitask and manage various work streams and projects while meeting deadlines.
- Proactive, resourceful, and skilled in problem-solving.
- Excellent relationship-building and influence skills, trustworthy and personable.
- Fast learner and self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility for tasks.
- Friendly, professional demeanor with solid persuasive communication and presentation skills.
- Thrives in a positive, hyper-collaborative, fast-paced work environment.
If you are a passionate Graphic Designer with a track record of designing compelling and engaging experiences, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous company contributions towards employee health benefits, health savings account, short-term disability plans, automatic life insurance, retirement plan with company match, flexible PTO policy, and a strong, collaborative, positive company culture which we expect you will contribute to. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
When it comes to deciding on compensation, there are several unique variables at play. As it stands, a fair estimate for the current salary range would be in the range of $75,000 to $95,000. Compensation decision factors include but are not limited to experience, training, skill set, business needs, and travel requirements.